Tuesday, June 09, 2009

A Day in the Life of a Mom

Being a mom is hard work. Today I was spit up on, pooped on, kicked, scratched, bitten (toothless gums can still hurt), yelled at, and head butted. Not all of these were on purpose, and it certainly wasn't the worst day I've had. I only had to change outfits once, and there wasn't any vomit today. Though nap times didn't go so smoothly, I still managed to get some unpacking done. But still, this makes bond closings seem like a cake walk.

However, though I didn't get a nap today, I did get plenty of smiles, some with dimples. I got laughs and cooing, both still pretty new. And I got the little guy asleep on my shoulder, my favorite thing. Plus I got to hold him through one of his naps cause he wasn't sleeping well on account of his congestion.

So, all in all it was a good day. And I did know before hand that being a mom is not a job for the light of heart.

(sorry, the picture that is supposed to be here didn't load, but we'll have high speed internet soon.)

And as implied above, we did close on our house. And after a few days of camping out on the floor, our stuff arrived and now we are putting everything in its place, which is actually quite fun.

1 comment:

Teandra said...

Is he still sick!? Yikes, can't wait to see pics of your house all decorated. I still need your address...