I try to have some time all my own every day, even if it's just taking a little longer in the shower. Sometimes I read, sometimes I blog. Sometimes it's really hard, especially when the little guy doesn't want to sleep, or when I have lots of housework, or when I crash cause the little guy doesn't want to sleep. It's hard right now cause I don't have any friends, parts of the house are still in conflict, and G seems to have a sixth sense that tells him when I'm not around any more.
So my gift to myself this week is time, just the knowledge that things will get easier, I will be able to have all the things I had before, and I will eventually feel like I did before my hormones exploded last year. In the meantime, I always have this:
2 comments:
So true Tare, welcome to the endless task of caring for the one who will never just "go outside and play"! (Can't wait for that day!) It will get easier when toys become fun for him, and he sits and crawls. As for projects and organizing...good luck!
Me time makes the world go 'round!
This is exactly why my kids go to bed at 7-- for their own health and safety and for Mommy's sanity!
Post a Comment