Thursday, December 31, 2009

Parenting: A Walk in the Park

Parenting is like a walk in the park. Especially if you're a Daddy.

It was the day before Christmas Eve, or Christmas Adam as we say in my house, and it was so beautiful we decided to go to the park by our house.

It was about 75 degrees outside, so people were wearing things like this, and it was okay.
Not only was it hot, but it was sunny, so we made G wear his new hat (go BYU!). He didn't keep it on very long, however.

Here G is following Teddy Roosevelt's advice to speak softly and carry a big stick.

Until you get mad, then you should yell and wave the stick around, preferably hitting things

We stopped for pictures on this lovely bridge.


Aren't they cute?



There is Frisbee golf set up at this park. I have never even heard of this,

but apparently, you stand at the sign and try to throw the Frisbee into this goal.

There were like 13 holes. And we saw two or three groups playing, so it's pretty popular, I guess.

We were warned when we entered that there might be dogs about.

Sure enough, there was a cute coley.

And two giant Great Danes. I could have posted more, too, but I didn't.

All in all, it was an awesome day. I was looking forward to a moderately climated Christmas, but alas . . .

1 comment:

Teandra said...

Moderate? I'd kill for 75 degrees during winter! Be greatful! Also, they have frisbee golf here, you've never done it? Very fun.