Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Snow! or Why I Love Utah Winters

I am sorry for all the people in Utah who did not like all the snow we ordered for our vacation. What can I say, I may really like the mild winter so far in Texas (minus the icky brownness everywhere), but I miss snow. So the week we were in Utah, I wanted new snow everyday. I almost got it too.

I'll be honest, although I had a great time on vacation (thanks everyone, I love you!), it didn't really feel like a vacation. Not because it wasn't restful, or different, but because I've never visited Utah for a vacation before. Normally flying to Utah means the end of a vacation. So it was disorienting. Also, all my good friends are great in the fact that, if we only see them once a year it still feels like see them all the time. Which just means home always feels like home.

Problem now: We already had Christmas, but I can't shop cause no one else has!
Just as a reminder, this is what I was doing last year. Good times, mostly. So if you didn't get to see us last year, you know why. If we didn't see you this year, I'm sorry. Next time I'll be more aggressive on my emailing.

2 comments:

Teandra said...

The girl in the blue dress looks like she's gonna hurl.
Did you ever find your camera?
The parentals gifts came the other day, nice work! I love them. We'll deliver them Sunday.

Helen, Conrad, Emma Ruth, Aliana said...

I have your camera. But not your address. That pic of you and G is pretty much the greatest photo ever. You look beautiful and the picuture's so happy! (said in a little Sally like voice)And I agree. The girl in the blue looks a like she's gonna hurl.