This picture is what G got into tonight. We pack the toys away, he cleans out the box and sits in it himself. Awfully cute. Also, if you know whether this new niceness is a regional or a rural phenomenon, please feel free to comment.
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Welcome to VA
While I continue to not have much time for blogging (2 1/2 days and counting to finish dress #4 by hand), I will take a moment to say something I've noticed about Virginia, or maybe it's just small towns.
Though people have been very nice to us for the most part in the other states we've lived in, I normally experience this niceness in the form of overheard conversations. Meaning that I'll be in line at the store and hear the people behind me say, "Oh, what a cute baby." "[Insert person's name here], isn't that baby cute." "Look at his eyes/smile/face, etc." And because of strange social etiquette I am supposed to pretend that I don't hear these comments, because that's what humans do in confined spaces like elevators and grocery store lines.
Here in Virginia, people say "Hey, you're baby is so cute." "[So-and-so] tell the lady what a cute baby she has." Subtle, but different. This will take some getting used to.

This picture is what G got into tonight. We pack the toys away, he cleans out the box and sits in it himself. Awfully cute. Also, if you know whether this new niceness is a regional or a rural phenomenon, please feel free to comment.
This picture is what G got into tonight. We pack the toys away, he cleans out the box and sits in it himself. Awfully cute. Also, if you know whether this new niceness is a regional or a rural phenomenon, please feel free to comment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
He has the perfect little round head! He's growing up and changing so fast...
I think if you compared that middle pic to one of you at his age, I think you'd find you look a lot alike! He has your expression and nose! Tea, don't you think that baby's cute?
He is really cute! You knew that already but he really is so cute! :) I can't believe you live so far away either, what a fun adventure! As far as people saying things...I usually tell people to their face if I think their baby is cute so maybe it depends on the person.
Post a Comment