Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day

I don't say it often enough publicly, but I love my husband.

Our history would make a compelling and potentially popular and profitable Young Adult novel, which Johnny would never read because he hates them.  But it could also be a biography, which he might be induced to read.

Let's face it, even though there weren't exactly suitors knocking down my door in college (luckily), I still didn't have to say yes to his proposal.  But the truth is, he's my favorite friend, he's my longest friend, and I always want him in my life.  I stand by what I said the day we decided to get married when he asked me if I could love him forever--I know I love him today, I know I'll love him tomorrow, and next week, and a year from now, so eternity will take care of itself.  I didn't realize at the time that I'd love him more and more the closer we got.

I feel very lucky to have him, and I think genetics agree with me.  He made some pretty cute babies.






Happy Father's Day, Johnny!


No comments: