Thursday, November 01, 2012

Bear Hunting

The Captain has invented this game that we were playing outside last week since the weather was so nice.  It's called Bear Hunting.  I have no idea where he got this idea, but after talking to Johnny about it, he insisted I take pictures and blog about it so we can remember it in 20 years.  

I love this game because it requires very little work on my part.  
Step 1) The Captain tells me where the bear is.
Step 2) I find the bear with my bear hat on. (shielding my eyes from the sun)
Step 3) I give The Captain a weapon to use on the bear.  I started with bear clubs, sticks, guns, etc. but then I started getting creative.  He's used nunchucks, throwing stars, and here he is using bear glue.

And getting his bear knife out of his pocket.

And demonstrating how a bow and arrow works.
Man, I love kids and their creativity.  Happy bear hunting!

1 comment:

Jen and Fielding said...

The creativity of children has got to be the best part. It's amazing to me the number of fabulous games kids create for themselves. They're a million times better than most games you buy.