Thursday, June 20, 2013

Vacationing on my own

So, while Johnny worked and played all around Asia, I took the kids and road tripped it to every family member I could find between Texas and Salt Lake.  I should have way more pictures than this, but since being alone with the kids is like keeping track of a cheetah and a snail, I didn't pull out the camera much.  It doesn't mean I don't love all of you who put me up and put up with me and the kiddos.  We had a blast, even if it did involve LOTS of driving.  

So, all these pictures come from one day, when my brave mother had a sleepover for the two potty-trained grandchildren in the area, and afterwards, we took them, plus Miss Joy to Cabelas and the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point.

Joy loves fish.  So she loved looking at all the fish in the aquarium.  

Showing Grandma something cool.

Not sure what he was looking at, but I love the blue eyes and mildly vacant face.

I think my mom was glad to have a snuggly girl around.  She's had boys boys boys for awhile now.

Not sure what my mom was explaining, but I'm pretty sure Joy is thinking, "high five, Grandma".

The boys were not happy to get a picture with the moose.

But they did have fun.

Stuck between the boys--what do I do, Mom?

Dinosaur tracks.  Sorry there are so many Joy pictures, but she is the slowest, and therefore, the easiest to capture.  I have plenty of blurry The Captain shots, but they aren't post worthy.  Sorry.

Playing in the sand.

Joy loved getting completely dirty.  

And a shout out to Grandma P, AD, Tea, Toni, and Grandma G for taking such good care of us.  We love you guys!


2 comments:

Teandra said...

Those are great pictures! We loved having you

Lauren said...

You came through Utah and we didn't meet up?!? No worries....I understand. Looks like a fun trip. You are brave to do a road trip like that with the kiddos. It's a challenge for me to go to the grocery store, let alone across country!