I apologize for the neglect. I have a month's worth of adventures to catch up on, but in my defense, we have had a very busy month. Also Lee decided to sleep like a newborn again, so I haven't had evenings free to blog.
Anyway, for our anniversary this year Johnny was out of town, plus it was Conference weekend, so we decided to celebrate a week later. And since we didn't have babysitters for a night away, I stole an idea from my friend, Lauren, and decided to have a family birthday party. We made a special dessert and went to the Arboretum. I'd heard great things about it and it was their fall festival. They had thousands of pumpkins and other gourds. It was amazing.
 |
| One of the pumpkin houses. |
 |
| Say cheese |
 |
| Family shot |
 |
| Daddy and the girls |
 |
| Hay bales! |
 |
| Maze? I don't need no stinkin' maze! |
Just imagine what this awesomeness would be in spring.
 |
| Fountains |
 |
It was actually quite chilly that day since it was raining, so Joy shared her blanket with Lee, who was happy to have it. |
We paid extra to go in the Children's Garden. It was well worth it. That place was amazing. We spent most of our time there looking in kaleidoscopes, playing in playgrounds, learning cool stuff . . .
 |
| Building topiaries |
 |
| Making reflective symmetry |
 |
| Climbing like monkeys |
It wouldn't be an arboretum trip without a flower picture. This one was was crazy awesome with curly-cue strings. It almost looked glittery. Nature be crazy.
 |
| Spinning water wheels |
 |
| Hey, blue eyes. |
 |
| Joy experienced a hurricane. Her hair was awesome. |
 |
Building a river path down the sand mountain. |
 |
| Celery slide in the veggie garden. |
 |
| In front of the water wall. |
 |
| Oooh, a maze. |
3 comments:
A family birthday celebration is such a great idea! It looks so wonderful! You guys always do such fun things.
A family birthday celebration is such a great idea! It looks so wonderful! You guys always do such fun things.
Lee's face. So sweet. Texas doesn't disappoint...again.
Post a Comment