We'd been talking for awhile about Joy getting her hair cut. After seeing many pictures, Johnny convinced her that she wanted a pixie cut. I was worried that she might miss her hair, but after Johnny told her about donating it to make wigs for children who loose their hair when they get sick, she was really on board. Knowing we were going into summer in Texas and doing swimming lessons for at least 4 weeks this summer, I decided it was a good enough time as any.
There's a woman in our ward who is a cosmetologist and Joy's former Nursery leader, so I thought she'd provide the best, most positive professional hair cutting experience. I asked her on Sunday, and she got us in that Tuesday after school. We had the salon to ourselves for most of the time, which meant I could sit by Joy (holding Lee, of course) through the whole process. The Captain could have sat with us too, but his ear was hurting, so he sat by the door and distracted himself as well as he could on my Kindle. (Note to self: put aspirin in the car to help with future problems like this.)
I took some pictures of the process. I'm sure you expected nothing less.
Here we are getting started. We were worried she wouldn't have enough to donate. Locks of Love needs 10", which she barely had. We ended up sending it to Children with HairLoss, and they only need 8" so we were covered.
I would have taken a picture of the cutting, but I had to hold the hair so we could get all 10".
Her shampoo. She liked having a bath without getting wet. Although she kept sitting up, so her back did get pretty soaked.
Waiting for a blowdry.
She ended up getting a bob instead of a pixie cut, so they wanted to give her some pixie dust as a consolation prize. They couldn't find any glitter, so the glued on some jewels instead. They're by her right eye in the picture. It was really sweet and she loved it.
She pretty much charmed all the people in the salon with her constant chatter.
Here's the back.
And the side.
She loves it. I love it. It's so much easier to take care of, especially when she doesn't let me brush it. Now The Captain wants to go to an actual salon to get his cut next time.







1 comment:
That is darling on her!
Post a Comment