Thursday, March 01, 2007

My faux desk

So my latest greatest thing at work is my faux desk.
Please note, this is not an actual picture of my desk.
I decided to adopt my faux desk because my co-worker had just been reassigned over to a lonely side of the office in a corner all by herself. This was not a punishment, but I thought that going from being around three people all the time, to being by herself would be sad. So I went to sit by her in Christy Corner (name has been changed). I soon thereafter got involved in a project that required counterspace, and so have now clamed my faux desk as my own.
Why is this a faux desk and not the real thing, you ask? Well, I don't have a computer, for one thing, a real desk requirement. My office supplies consist of a highlighter, a pen, a box of tissues, and some paper clips. But the biggest reason of all, is that the chair I borrowed to sit on only has 4 1/2 wheels.
So even though I have a faux desk, at least I can muster up a little sense of belonging. And most importantly have a place to deposit my stuff that's not in everyone's way.

2 comments:

The Leithead Family said...

Alright, Tara...It's very obvious that you have time to diddle around on the computer. Where are those pictures of Beverly and you from your wedding? That is the only thing I'm waiting for to complete her photo album...ARGH!

Tara Jayne said...

hey, I only diddle around at work and all my pics are at home, but I'll have it in the mail by Friday.