Friday, December 26, 2008

The Passenger

So, there's been a lot of sickness going around, and I'm sorry to say I have caught one. Or rather I was given one. That's right, through the joy of marriage, Johnny gave me a parasite. Luckily, this parasite isn't fatal, but it has caused a bit of swelling. It has also made it difficult to do everyday tasks. Well, see for yourself:

Yeah, socks are hard. So this little passenger is set to come out April 3rd, they tell me. Not that it's really up to me.

It's a boy. Danger will literally be his middle name. How cool is that. Though I don't want to tell him until he's older, because I really don't want to catch him trying to fly off the roof. I know, I'm asking for trouble. What can I do, I'm a glutton for punishment. Besides, it's too late to do anything about it now, this baby's only coming out one way, and he's able to pretty much survive on his own now, so I guess I'm going to be a mom whether I'm ready for superman capes, trucks, and exploding noises or not.

I really don't know anything about boys, can you tell?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay. So that's a pretty cool name. Just think of how *much* cooler it would be if it were Fleck Danger Peckham. Yeah...pretty awesome. Gilbert Danger will have to suffice. ;)

Suzy said...

Congrats Tara! :) Boys are wonderful - you'll love how much energy and creativity you have to use. PLUS you get another education learning all about different kinds of tractors, cars, trucks, trains, and planes. Have to know all the specific names and how wonderfully cool they are! :) Nathan keeps me on my toes and already knows what buttons to push to help me stretch my character! You'll love being a mom though - it's the best thing in the whole world! Let me know if you have any questions! :)

Britt said...

Just don't be surprised by the noises....

Boys just come with their own set of growls, grunts, and other oddities.
(If you don't believe me, come by and spend a day.)

Marisa Jean said...

No way Tara! Congratulations! I've never heard that name before, but I'm certain that as he gets older, he will surely be called "Danger" more than Gilbert. I'm way excited for you!

Lauren said...

Cute post, girly. I can totally relate with you on the sock thing...it's getting harder and harder every single day!

Unknown said...

Hehehe...you're cute. And Yay!!!