Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Happy Half Birthday

So, I've always been big on half birthdays. Now more than ever since my little boy is 6 months today! So in honor of his 1/2 life, here are 5 things he did in his first five months that were both cute and endearing, in order of what I loved the most.


5) Spit. I have no idea where he learned to do this, probably from someone in the ward, and I know I won't find it so cute in a few months, but right now, it's just precious. And funny.

4) Hold my hand while he nurses. He really loves to grab things while he eats, but I just love holding his little hand and having him grab one of my fingers. It makes me feel like a good mom.

3) Courtesy laugh at Daddy. He doesn't usually do this for me very often, but if Daddy's making a big effort to be funny and not quite making it to the lol phase, G will give a half-chuckle that just sounds like a courtesy laugh. It's so cute that he's willing to acknowledge and encourage silly behavior.

2) Hugging me when he's tired. Normally, tiredness and hunger are the only things that create orneriness in G. And we're working hard to take care of them before they get to the ornery stage, but if he's been fussing and I pick him up, he'll normally give me a big hug if he's tired. It just melts my heart and I forgive him for being fussy. It might just be the sweetest thing ever, only it's not cause that is . . .

1) Bathroom Peek-a-boo. When I need to wash my hands and I put G down on the rug in the bathroom he can't see my face because the countertop is in the way, but I peek over the counter and smile at him and he starts laughing, so then I do it again and again and every time he laughs and gets excited. And that's what I love about G the most, he is a genuinely happy person. It takes quite a bit to make him mad, and almost nothing to get him to laugh. He reminds me every day to just enjoy life.
Happy half birthday, little guy. You have made my life better, and I love you!

No comments: