Friday, September 18, 2009

Oktoberfest

Yesterday was the beginning of Oktoberfest and the only day with free admission, so of course we went to celebrate our Germanity. It has been rainy and chilly for the past week, so we all got our sweaters out for the occasion.

G's my sweet little giraffe.
We had to sample the traditional cuisine. Johnny is enjoying two sausages, sauerkraut, potatoes and a roll.
I am enjoying a bratwurst burger on a pretzel bun. I'm pretty sure the Lays are imported as well.G wanted to help Daddy eat, and enjoy some himself. Not yet, little guy, but we'll hit solid foods soon.

No Oktoberfest would be complete without a polka band. We were serenaded while we ate. It reminded us of our Germany trip 10 years ago. Good times . . .
G showing off his sitting skills. There's a bunch of water fountains behind him that it's too dark to see, unfortunately. We could see them of course, but the camera had problems.I mentioned the rain, well here's what the festival did to my shoes. My legs were pretty muddy as well. Plus, someone spilled their beer on Johnny and G's pants. So how do you end a lovely festival day and clean up?
With a bubble bath, of course. I didn't realize that the jets would quadruplize the bubbles, or I wouldn't have put so much in. Needless to say, Johnny's ears were squeaky clean when he was done. And we only threw bubbles at each other a few times. So I'd say our Germanity was definitely improved.

No comments: