Saturday, September 05, 2009

Road trip!

We took a road trip two weeks ago to Indiana for my friends wedding reception. Doesn't she look gorgeous? I was so happy to finally meet her husband. I'm also happy that I really like him cause you know how that is, good friend marries someone you don't like then you don't see each other any more. This time living in different states will be the excuse, most likely.

We stayed with Johnny's sister in Kentucky and had so much fun with her and her two girls. Aren't they gorgeous too?
And yes, the smaller one is pretty much the same size as G.






G didn't do as well this road trip since he couldn't just sleep the whole time, but he did do well sleeping once we got to stop for the night. We just had many more tears while driving since he didn't want to be stuck in his car seat where he couldn't move around.We discovered that G has been in more states than his is months old--Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Indiana. What a traveler!
Crossing the Mississippi River

Entering Tennessee: the Volunteer State

Playing with the cousins

Do I have to stay in this car seat again?

We also got to play our new favorite game--point out the oddly named cities you pass. Here's what we found:

Arkansas likes to almost steal other names. They have Arkadelphia and Okolona. There's also a town called Friendship that is in the middle of nowhere where we stopped for gas and Johnny heard someone in the gas station asking a woman what brought her into town. Which means there are more remote places than the one-exit town of Friendship.

We also saw Bucksnort and Goodlettsville Tennessee. Good times.

I also realized that Utah is a desert, and that cutting down trees might not be the sin I thought it was.

1 comment:

Helen, Conrad, Emma Ruth, Aliana said...

Haha, wow, those are some pretty great names. Remember our road trip? That was fun...not so many babies though. Or husbands. I'm glad you like mine. I do too. Plus I don't like the whole 'don't-like-husband-never-see-each-other-again' thing either. For that matter, living in different states isn't so great...but I suppose I'll deal. I'm so glad you came to the reception!!! I love you! Oh and G's too cute for his own good...