My brother-in-law has been staying with us the past week, which made it really easy for Johnny to keep his promise of finding a babysitter for a date. (I think he kind of cheated on this one, but I did get a date out of the deal . . . )

I got to wear my new dress (pics to come, it needs some finishing touches), and we got to try a new restaurant--Queen of Sheba, which has Ethiopian cooking. Neither of us had tried Ethiopian before and we were excited. We walked in, which made quite a statement (you'll understand when you see the pictures. My dress is very loud.). The lady who waited on us told me during the meal that she loved my dress and that it looked very pretty on me, which I thought was very nice because a) I love getting compliments on things I make (like this one time that someone asked me if I shopped at
Anthropologie because I either shopped there or sewed myself) and b) she totally could have kept that compliment to herself, but she chose to tell me, which is very generous.
For those of you who have never eaten Ethiopian food, they don't give you any silverware. Instead you get bread that is like a spongy tortilla and you rip off pieces, wrap it around your food, then stick it all in your mouth. It was really fun, and taught me that my life goal of eating an entire meal with my hands is not as hard as I used to think it was. (Don't worry, I'd already fulfilled that one before we ate this dinner.)
I am very grateful that Johnny and I are willing to try new things.
1 comment:
I want you to post the pics of your dress! Also, I am glad you enjoyed the food. When I was in Ghana I ate everything with my hands, but unfortunately, the food was hard to choke down. I love reading your blog!
Post a Comment