So I randomly got a parenting magazine in the mail the other day. I haven't gotten one in a year. They sent it to the address we used when we first moved here two years ago, despite the fact that they have my current address on their website. I am very confused by this, but I read it anyway.
I'm not a big fan of parenting magazines. I feel like their just a venue for advertisements and paranoia-inducing articles instead of actual tips and advice. But I read it anyway. And I actually found some cute craft ideas. So I made one. . . with a little help, of course.
It's rock labels for my herb garden.
1) pick some large-ish flat rocks. We hunted them out of the stream bed. I left the baby at the top of the stream bed, at a safe distance, on a blanket, and someone called the cops because they couldn't see me hunting rocks below the road. Silly people. Luckily, it wasn't hard to explain.
2) Paint the rocks black. Or any color.
3) cut out some fabric to fit the tops of the rocks4) Write the names of the plants on the fabric.
5) glue the fabric on the rocks
6) spray the rock with clear veneer and place them in your garden.
As you can see, I already have plenty of rocks in my garden. This is because when these beds were made, the owners laid down gravel and then dirt, so when we tilled everything, it all mixed together. Yuck. But anyway, now I don't have to rely on those silly little paper tabs to tell me what is growing where. And I discovered that the cutest words The Captain can say are "wibbly wobbly".




2 comments:
Fun craft project! I love that it includes a helper. Perhaps I'm not the only one with an overly active 3-year-old always looking for something to help mommy with?
I may have to try a version of this craft--we don't have a garden, per se, but I can think of other ways to use the rocks. Thanks for sharing!
too too cute! Can't wait to see you guys soon
Post a Comment