Thursday, September 03, 2009

Meeting G

When people in the grocery store, at church, or at any social function, meet G for the first time a three part conversation ensues. The exchange always goes like this:

Part 1-
Person A: Gushing exclamation about extreme cuteness of baby G.
Me: "Thank you" or some variation.

Part 2-
Person A: Oohh, how old is he?
Me: States current age, rounded to the nearest month.

Part 3-
Person A: Wow! He's really big!
Me: Yeah, sometimes a joke about eating.

I know all the constant gushing about how cute his is should make my mom feathers get all poofy with pride, but instead they only get a little ruffled since I know what's coming next. Yeah, I know he's in the 97% for height and weight. Yeah, my 16 month old niece is almost the same height and weight as him. I know he's big. But really, what do you say to that? It's a little hard to have to hear how huge your child is all the time. I guess I should just be grateful that they always start with his cuteness. That means it's his most striking feature, right? Well, here's a picture, you can figure it out for yourself.

5 comments:

Britt said...

Ah, mine's huge too. Better huge than sickly-looking, right?
:D

Ann said...

My girls are in the 90% for height too. I get the "wow she's really tall." Yup is all I can say. Get used to it. At least people won't accuse you of not feeding your child. And yes he's so cute and soo cubby. Love every second of it! :)

Lar said...

Huge boys are cute and healthy! Mine was about the same and I'm hoping this next one will be too! He's too cute anyway!

Teandra said...

can't wait to meet G again...ah, 3 more months...

Helen, Conrad, Emma Ruth, Aliana said...

Pure cuteness. That's all I have to say about it.