Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Repetition is Also the Mother of Laughter


So G decided not to sleep last night, making everyone in the house REAAALLY tired today. And I get cranky when I'm tired. So after our walk around 5 this evening, I try to put G down for one last short nap so I can nap too. Because I'm so very tired.

And of course he doesn't want to sleep. So I bring him in bed with me to try to have my tiredness rub off on him. Instead, we end up laying on our sides facing each other, his sweet little face next to mine, and he reaches for my bangs, so I grab his hand and kiss it and put it in my mouth and squeeze his little triceps. He has very ticklish triceps, especially when they are squeezed. We've known this for awhile. So of course, he starts laughing. So I let go of his hand. And he reaches for my hair, so I grab his hand and tickle his arm and he laughs. And I let go . . .

And because I know G so well, we play this little game for about 5 minutes. As long as I don't move, he's going to reach for my hair because he always reaches for my hair, and he's always ticklish on his arms. So instead of taking a nap, I got to enjoy baby giggles. Did it help my headache? No, but it did wonders for my morale.

I'm so grateful for sweet bonding moments and a happy, happy boy.

2 comments:

Teandra said...

When do I get to see him again!? T minus 4.5 weeks..and counting.

adrianne s. said...

Oh, even though Johnny told me about your cute gnome I still wasn't expecting just how adorable he would be!!! I thought it was a plaster or a ceramic gnome until that close-up! How sweetly adorable!