We have this little gnome in our garden.
It's super cute.
But he got tired of living alone. So he went looking for a family.
First, he went to Greece to find a dad.
Happy Halloween! As you can see, things went well. My costume gave me a little grief, but it has a fun story behind it. When my sister went to China a few years ago to teach English, she brought me back a beautiful long, wrap-around skirt. The only problem was the fabric is really silky, which means it was a constant battle to keep the wrap-around skirt wrapped and not expose my slip and nylons. And of course, having to wear a slip didn't help anything either, but modesty demanded it. But it was so beautiful that I kept it. So when I decided to make an Asian inspired dress for Halloween, I went to JoAnn's for some fabric. I was choosing between blue and red, and I went with blue because I already had this beautiful skirt. But Johnny was sad cause he really wanted me to get the red fabric. So when he left on business a week or two later, I decided to surprise him by remaking my beautiful skirt into a smokin' hot dress. And it was a success, obviously.
But because it was so challenging to make my costume, I didn't have time to make our original design for Johnny's costume--lederhosen. Oh, and we totally got tricked out of all our treats yesterday. We bough candy for trick-or-treaters, but because we haven't had many the last few years, we didn't buy a lot. And we would have been okay, but these four really greedy kids took handfuls of our candy, so we didn't have much after that and the night was still young. So we pretty much gave away everything pre-packaged in our house--granola bars, microwave popcorn, even Capri Suns. It was crazy, but next year we'll be better prepared, hopefully. And we probably won't be in Texas, so maybe the greediness will be not as big of a problem.
2 comments:
Oh man. I thought Johnny's costume was pretty cool. Until you mentioned Lederhosen. And now I'm sad that Johnny didn't get Lederhosen for Halloween. Because that would be cool. I think he should definitely do Lederhosen next year. The gnome is pretty dang cute. I've never seen a baby gnome, so that was pretty exciting. You win 1st prize for that one, for sure. And you're right. The red dress is hot. Overall: good job :)
You guys look so cute! I LOVE the Garden gnome costume! I almost had Owen be one too! It is so so so so so cute! You all look so cute and happy!
Post a Comment