
I love Independence Day. It is my 4th favorite holiday, but it's a close contender for 3rd. I was expecting to be a little stressed because we had things to do and Friday was productive, but not very restful. But no, we ended up having a great day!
We ate breakfast with the ward. They had tacos with the pancakes, eggs, and fruit, just in case you weren't sure we were in Texas. I would never have had tacos for breakfast, but I found myself wanting seconds. Go figure.
Then we went to my cousin's house. I was worried we wouldn't be able to find it, but we didn't have any problems. And we had tons of fun there. Really yummy food, games, and kids running around = fun apparently. We also went swimming. I haven't been swimming for years due to the fact that I don't really like water or water sports, and playing around in a pool is not my idea of fun. But I have been told it's the only way to survive Texas summers, especially for the first few years. So we packed up the swim gear and went.
We even bought swimming diapers for G. He wasn't sure what to make of everything, but I think he ended up enjoying himself.So happy birthday America! I'm glad we could celebrate you by doing American things--eating, talking, lounging, and forcing our children to try new things. I even made pies. And what's more American the pies? Well, me. And I'm glad we have all the freedoms we do in this country. It'd be hard to raise a kid somewhere where I knew he wouldn't be able to do what he wants and what he's good at when he grows up. So thank you to the original freedom fighters, and thank you to everyone in the military helping us fight for freedom now.
2 comments:
I love hearing your voice in my head as you crack your subtle and corny jokes. ;)
As you may have noticed, swim diapers don't really "absorb" anything. They're mostly for catching poo. If you're going to be doing a lot of pool time, you should consider buying a washable swim diaper. It's basically thick underwear for a baby. Perhaps two, in case the little man does actually "poo" while you're at the pool. You know. Whenever you run out or outgrow the pack you just bought. :)
Washable swim diapers are great-- and for boys you can get ones that are little swim trunks! They're way cute.
Great pics.
Personally, I thought good AC was the only way to survive Texas summers.... and I'd rather not have to try surviving a second one. ;)
Post a Comment