We've been working for the past week on sleeping, so I've spent a lot of time looking at the Little Guy's eyes. And I must say, he got a pretty good return on the genetic lottery. He got my shape, big and almondy, and his Daddy's color, beautiful blue.
I could get lost in those eyes. Sometimes he looks at me and I feel like he has a very wise soul. Other times I just feel overwhelmed at my responsibility to raise this sweet boy. He has very expressive eyes, and they are usually smiling. But sometimes, they look a little freaked out. Like here:
So, G has been trying to sleep on a schedule. But as sweet as he is, he is also very stubborn. And heaven help you if you're trying to put him to sleep when he doesn't want to. He is very good at fighting sleep. It's the only time I've ever heard him scream. But it's comforting to know that sleep always wins. Always. It just sometimes takes a good long while and both parents and several hours to do so. Not so most days, but when it rains, it pours, if you know what I mean. We're still working on the sleeping through the night thing, too. He can get 5 hours at a time, but has yet to do more than that.
No comments:
Post a Comment